You might have read that Olympics sponsor VISA is bringing ring based NFC payments to Rio. This is good innovation but I’d like to see if anyone can invent a device to track athletes complete performance. In other words, track athletes 24*7 through Olympics to understand their lifestyle through 16 days.
- How much calories do they consume? What do they consume? (Iam always curious to know what athletes eat during such peak performance period)
- How much water do they consume vs. sports drinks?
- How much calories do they burn daily?
- How much sleep do they get?
- How much do they socialize? (do these athletes only practice, practice … or do they socialize/drink, hang outs :-))
- Vital stats
- How much do they shop? (do they venture outside of Olympic parks)
- How much time on devices – watching TV/videos/smartphones?
Wouldn’t you be curious? Imagine the insights we could get from such data. It could offer companies across various industries like sports, retail, financial, CPG, healthcare, entertainment and others a ton of data. A way to make this happen (in lieu of all the privacy and tracking regulations) would be wonderful.
Can “Wearable tech” on athletes’ clothes make this happen?